Fort Davis National Historic Site
One of the best-preserved Indian Wars era frontier army posts
in the American Southwest.
There are many restored and furnished buildings to tour, including the 1876 Post Hospital.
Tour the Museum in the Visitor Center for a good overall perspective on the role that Fort Davis played in the settling of the western frontier.
Don't forget to take a hike on one of the park's mountain trails for spectacular views of the Fort, the town and the county.
The Fort Davis NHS website provides a wealth of information on directions to the site, visiting hours, fees and passes, daily activities, special events, hiking trails and history.
- Fort Davis National Historic Site
- Fort Davis, Texas
- Davis Mountains State Park
- McDonald Observatory
- Chihuahuan Desert Research Institute
- Alpine, Texas
- Sul Ross State University
- Museum of the Big Bend
- Marfa, Texas
- Terlingua - VisitBigBend
- Big Bend National Park
- Barton Warnock Visitor Center
- Fort Leaton State Historic Site
- Big Bend Ranch State Park